Friday 17 January 2020

A Not-Baneblade Joins The Fray

Now I have had one of these before but I converted to a Blood Axe tank before selling off all of my Ork models.  Had to make space for Sisters see.

An eBay auction threw up a mass of bits that gave me enough for a full 3d printed Superheavy and another that could be built without sponsons unless I find some more bits.  Failing that, it gives me some spare track sections and weapons for other projects.

AS you can see from the photos, there is no confusing with the actual GW product.

It is smaller and less detailed.


If, however, you are not tied into official competitions or GW stores, it is an alternative.

GW's own background states that some Forge Worlds produce Baneblade copies that do not matc those made by the prime Forge Worlds or Mars, mainly because they have lesser quality materials or incomplete STCs.



The printer lines are visible but the tank will add some extra oomph in whole army photos.

To misquote Father Ted, it's not smaller but it is further away!


2 comments:

  1. Nice addition. My army is lacking any super heavy support. That is something I may have to rectify at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend going for the official GW product though. This printed super heavy is no real comparison.

      Delete