Friday 22 July 2022

War In New Scale...For Me Anyway

Epic largely passed me by but I've often been tempted by the idea of recreating my Praetorians in small scale. 

A couple of times I've looked at the Bacchus website and considered buying some of their Zulu War British metal range.


Scanning through Patreon one day I noticed designs from Wakes Emporium of a range of 6mm Britannicans. Unfortunately only the files were available via Patreon so I had to forgo the pleasure.


Fortunately I have since been saved by Etsy UK.  Some sellers there have purchased the licences for the models and sell printed products.  Hence, I now have some 6mm Praetorians.

The range is quite characterful as well with plenty if variety amongst the foot troops with dufferent Guardsmen, Sergeants, Comms troopers and Officers amongst the designs.

Below is a 55 strong Platoon.


There are even Rough Riders.



Variant Lascannon, Autocannon and Heavy Bolter teams are available including a horse drawn weapon.


Steampunk styled APCs.


Steampunk Leman Russ?  Having scanned around,  actual Leman Russ and Baneblades are available so there may be some other purchases in the future.




One of my favourite pieces is the HQ diorama with plenty of Big Cheeses ruminating over a map table. 






 

























No comments:

Post a Comment