Friday 12 January 2024

More SciFi Cavalry - Wargames Atlantic Chip In

We all know by now that I'm a big fan of Wargames Atlantic's Death Fields range.  There is nothing better if you want to expand a 40K Imperial Guard army and engage in some kitbashing.

In this case, their new Les Grognards cavalry are out on the streets.  I decided to indulge with a box which will allow nine riders and mounts to be made. Why nine? Who knows but better nine than five for your £25 to £30.

There is a snag though...


...the plastic WA mounts were made for their historical range so are decidely not 'heroic' 28mm. See below.


As a result, I have stuck the WA riders onto spare GW Empire Pistoliers horses. Additionally, I have replaced thehorses heads with the armoured heads from the Les Grognards set,


I have also avoided using the Les Grognards heads and have opted for the capped head from the Bulldogs kit, making these Rough Riders from the Terrax Guard units I have already kit bashed.







 

2 comments:

  1. How well did I the WA horse heads fit with the GW horses? Did it require much fettling to get it to fit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fairly easy fit. I used a saw to remove the GW horse head as the model had already been put together. There was a rounded socket piece to cut off the WA head. Now, it's only because the Grognards kit comes with those armoured horse heads that I did the swap. The main head for the WA horses wouldn't match up with the Pistoliers horse.

      Delete