Monday 24 February 2020

Warhammer Conquest and Silver Templars

AS regular readers know, I subscribed to Warhammer Conquest as a means of picking up two armies I didn't really ahve (Primaris and Death Guard) as well as some cheap terrain.

From the start, Conquest promised details of a  Primaris Chapter, something new to GW background.  That chpter is the Silver templars and the magazine started drip feeding details of this new Ultramarine offshoot as well as releasing an additional extra hardback background book for the Chapter.

As Conquest comes to an end, there was another opt in extra (£35 cost) for a Silver Templar painting guide. In afddition to additional paints, the set would include a flip chart paint guide and 5 multi part Intercessors along with a Lieutenant that had previously only been available in an Ultramarine/ Eldar box.

The package as it arrives is shown below.  Although not expensive to do (I assume) I do like the presentation of the marked up box rather than just receiving everything jumbled up together.  Little things but shows some thought and care.




Having fallen behind in building/ painting the Primaris, I have decided that som,e of the models will be allocated to the Templars rather than joining the Ultramarines. In addition to the models with the paint set, my templars will initially consist of a further five esay build Intercessors, a second Lietenant, an Ancient and a Captain.






The paint set Primaris.




More to follow as progress is made.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good. A lot of pink and purple colors in the paint set. Not familiar with the chapter. What are those colors for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The paint set adds extra paints that weren't part of Conquest and to be fair, may not get a lot if use.

      The pink is for Purity Seals with the lighter pink as the highlight. handily for me the pink is the colour I paint my Ventrillians in so a cheap additional paint that I will use.
      The greens are for viewcreens, scopes and helmet lenses. the Balor Brown for drybrushing over the Stirland Mud but I've gone with the Astrogranite that I have two pots of from Conquest. The greys are for edge highlights on the black elements.

      Delete