Thursday 20 February 2014

Airfix and Amera Are Getting My Money

 

As I get old and start reliving my youth, I'm not being helped out by Airfix's retro offerings and Amera's new tie-ins.
 
Since Airfix started re-releasing their 1/32 scale range I have been avidly buying them up.  I wouldn't have had to if I managed to keep all my originals but my Mum convinced me that they had to be given away to a church sale to help the disadvantaged.  I think my internal monologue rantings at the time (I was 10) wouldn't have shamed being printed on the pages of the Daily Mail.
 
Not content with the figures, their building sets have been released as well starting with the command outpost and the desert house.  Now I first had these as a sweetener in 1979 to convince me that moving from Cornwall to Gosport wasn't a bad thing.  I wasn't convinced but I kept the goodies and nodded along anyway!! 
 
As part of a neat deal, Amera mouldings (amera.co.uk) have been selling vacuform castings of the diorama bases that originally only came with the 1/72 scale versions.
 

 
Pictured is the Strongpoint along with the British Infantry Support Group on the Amera base.

 
 

Still to buy up is  the vacuform base for the desert house (shown below) followed by this year's release of the jungle bamboo house and the bridge and checkpoint set.


If we're lucky, Amera will also release some bobbins to go with those.  They already do a base for the 1/72 bamboo house.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this great article just spotted we are grateful to be working with Airfix, and hope Ok to share this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free. I think it's great that both you and Airfix see the benefits of working together. You are making something that enhances their product and probably improves sales.

      Delete