Wednesday 24 July 2019

A Costly Error

Well, enjoying a quick walk around the town centre yesterday, I noticed a fair few copies of the latest Conquest in WH Smiths.  I now own four Bloat Drones and four repeats of the Dark Imperium Plague Marines.

As a result, I decided to go a little bit conversion happy with two sets of the Marines and one of the Bloat Drones.  Additionally, these have been painted up with a Xandri Dust undercoat for an alternative Plague Marine Company.


Now these Marines do not easily lend themselves to conversions as some have half of a shoulder pad on the torso that only links up with one arm and so on. 




For example, for this plasma gunner, I had to remove the moulded on pad, clip off the head and do some messing around with the backpack.





The starter set Bloat Drone has had the Plaguespitter barrels removed and the spare muzzles from the alternative Plague Burster weapons glued on. Now, I know the Bloat Drone can't have that weapon option but as I rarely play...who cares?



No comments:

Post a Comment