Saturday 21 March 2020

Not-Vostroyans Trial Run

A little bit of motivation kicked in yesterday.

In preparation for some 'social distancing' it was off for some retail therapy and a search for a suitable brown spray paint.  I had the idea of using brown as, hopefully, a good base for painting a red greatcoat and doing most of the work for the Vostroyan style bearskin hat, boots and webbing especially as there are 55 models to do.

There wasn't much of choice from the wargaming ranges however the local model shop had a selection of Tamiya sprays and I settled for the NATO Brown.

I trialed it on ten models first.



I then went on to paint the greatcoats Khorne Red with Dawnstone used for the inner lining. Balthasar Gold has been used for the respirator and shoulder/ knee pads on the model.  Boots and the bearskin have been given a coat of Dryad Bark.




I also dabbled with the character models from an earlier post.


No comments:

Post a Comment