Monday 9 March 2020

How Quick An Army Grows When The Base Colour Is Leadbelcher!

For your delectation and delight, my latest Army is case colour complete...for now...until the Primaris Librarian arrives with potential Aggressors and Inceptors to follow.  Plus some Reivers.


Close up photos follow but once I'm home again, it's back to the paint guide to look at the highlights and washes.

After that, transfers as provided alongside the paints and guide.














Warhammer Conquest is drawing to a close in the UK with only one issue left to arrive in stores.

Overall, I'm more than happy with the outlay and what I received as part of that.  I now have two Primaris armies (Ultramarine and Silver Templars), a Death Guard army and a stack of unbuilt terrain for a fraction of the cost compared to even a discount heavy online retailer.

For example, if you have no need of the base and flying stand for the Repulsor tank, you can buy one for 3 x £7.99 (£23.97) rather than £45 - £50.

My recommendation to those from overseas is to seriously consider subscribing if you get the chance. Even more so if you have a local supplier you can order individual issues from.  Thanks to Forbidden Planet, I have multiple Rhinos, Plaguebirst Crawlers and so on.

A future post will show all that I have received via the sub.  Once I've built the terrain and finished painting the Ultramarines anyway.

2 comments:

  1. They look great. Lines are really clean. A few washes and they are going to look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hoping to get some painting time in this weekend now I'm home again.

      The Paint Guide indicates a watered down Abbadon Black wash in the recesses followed by Nuln Oil all over.

      I've also had the Inceptors and Librarian arrive so more units are on the board to start as well.

      Delete